The Grovestead Farm
(address will be emailed), Northfield, MN
Date(s) - Friday, September 2, 2022 - Saturday, September 3, 2022
It’s our annual weekend gathering at the Grovestead Farm! Come and hear Allan C. Carlson share on the family-centered economy, and be encouraged in your journey towards self-sufficiency and resilient households. Hear talks, sing hymns, share meals and build community with others who are walking a similar path.
Dr. Allan C. Carlson is an internationally acclaimed lecturer, founder of the World Congress of Families, and editor of The Natural Family: An International Journal of Research and Policy. He has authored 15 books including The Natural Family Where It Belongs: New Agrarian Essays. He resides with his wife Betsy on their multi-generational farm in Illinois.
Read an interview with Allan Carlson here.
Rory Groves moved his family from the city to the country several years ago to begin the journey towards a more durable way of life. Rory and his wife Becca now reside in southern Minnesota where they farm, raise livestock, host workshops, and homeschool their five children. He is the author of Durable Trades: Family-Centered Economies That Have Stood the Test of Time.
Becca Groves is a mother of five, married to a never-saw-it-comin’ aspiring farmer in Southern Minnesota. As new farmers, I write about our transition from the city to the country with hopes of sharing our joy and gratitude for all that we are learning.
Schedule of Events
THURSDAY, September 1st
- 5:00PM – Thank You Dinner for Donors
Special dinner at our farm with Allan Carlson for monthly supporters of Gather & Grow (please RSVP separately)
FRIDAY, September 2nd
- 1:30PM – CHECK-IN
- 2:00PM – OFFICIAL START & WELCOME
Created for Community – Becca Groves
- 3:30PM – America’s Original Intentional Community – Allan C. Carlson
- 5:00PM – POTLUCK PICNIC – main dish provided, bring a side to share
- 6:30PM – Against the Grain: Covenant Community in an Age of Autonomy – Rory Groves
- 8:00PM – FELLOWSHIP TIME
SATURDAY, September 3rd
- 8:30AM – COFFEE & DOUGHNUTS in the Barn
- 9:00AM – Why Communities Fail – Allan C. Carlson
- 10:30AM – Parallel Economies or Inheriting the Earth? Perils and Promises on Our Way Out of Egypt – Rory Groves
- 12:00PM – BREAK FOR LUNCH
(restaurants in town or bring your own picnic, fridge/freezer space available)
- 1:30PM – Community and the Land: What Agrarianism Has to Say about Christian Community – Allan C. Carlson
- 3:00PM – SHARING & SENDING
* Childcare will be available during speaker sessions
Lodging & Campsites
- Nerstrand Big Woods State Park is a few miles away and can host camp sites and RVs.
- Country Inn & Suites Northfield
- There are also numerous AirBNBs around town.
* We do not have on-site camping this year
Registration Opens July 5th. Please check back soon!
Registration not open yet.
Sign up to be notified when registration opens: