2100 Jefferson Road, Northfield, MN, 55057
Date(s) - Saturday, November 12, 2022
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
One of the goals of Gather & Grow is that after each gathering we leave families dreaming bigger dreams, seeking God for the vision He has for their family.
In the busyness of the day-to-day, we hope this Family Retreat can stop the train and give you time to think and dream about where your family is heading. It is time to slow down, hear some thoughtful talks, and dream with your family about what you want your future days and years to look like.
This is a full-day event for the whole family. There will be time to work on your own family vision as you consider questions like: What are we aiming towards? What has God called our family to do? How can we build stronger families and stronger communities for the days that are to come?
* Catered lunch is included from Gran Plaza Mexican Restaurant (donations appreciated)
* Event will be held at a nearby church in Northfield, MN
* Nursery Care is available for ages 0-5 years old.
- 9:00am – Doors Open – Coffee & Fellowship
- 9:30 – “Nonperishable People” – Rory Groves
- 10:15 – Family Breakout: Crafting Your Family Vision
- 10:45 – “The Meaning, Purpose and Power of Covenants” – Ray Simmons
- 11:30 – Lunch
- 12:30pm – “Family Compacts: Covenanting with God for your Family” – Rory Groves
- 1:00 – Family Breakout: Our Family Compact
- 2:00 – “Beyond Covenant Families: Christian Community and Civilization” – Ray Simmons
- 2:45 – Benediction and Closing
- 3:30 – Event Ends
Lt. Col. (Ret.) Raymond Simmons is a military strategist, pastor, and author of The Confessional County. His is also founder of The New Dunedin Project: a deliberate Christian settlement in the upper Midwest. He lives with wife and eight children.
Rory Groves moved his family from the city to the country several years ago to begin the journey towards a more durable way of life. Rory and his wife Becca now reside in southern Minnesota where they farm, raise livestock, host workshops, and homeschool their five children. He is the author of Durable Trades: Family-Centered Economies That Have Stood the Test of Time.
Registration is closed.
Sign up to be notified when registration opens: